Coach/Instructor/Program Staff Resources:
- Creating Asthma Friendly Environments for Children and Youth Manual
- After-School, Sport and Recreation Settings Asthma Kit
- Implementing Ryan’s Law: Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools e-Learning module. The e-Learning module is directed specifically at the school setting but is applicable to settings and programs involving children and youth with asthma.
- Video: Managing Asthma In Our Schools Video The video is directed specifically at the school setting but is applicable to settings and programs involving children and youth with asthma. It can be shown during staff trainings provides educators with knowledge to support students in managing their asthma independently, and by enhancing educators’ understanding and confidence in responding to asthma-related situations.
- Asthma and Physical Activity: What Physical Educators and Coaches Need to Know (AODA Compliant)
- Asthma Management Plan
- Managing Asthma Attacks Poster (AODA Compliant)
- The Basics of Asthma, Allergies, and Anaphylaxis (AODA Compliant)
To order hard copy versions of the Ophea resources, please visit ophea.net/order.
Asthma Medication Resources
- How to Use A Diskus Fact Sheet
- How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler Fact Sheet (AODA Compliant)
- How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with Spacer Fact Sheet (AODA Compliant)
- How to Use a Turbuhaler Fact Sheet
- Inhalation Device Videos
General Asthma Information
- Asthma in Children
- Childhood Asthma Fact Sheet Questions and Answers About Asthma
- Asthma and Exercise Fact Sheet
- Asthma and Pets Fact Sheet
- Asthma Triggers in the Home Environment Fact Sheet
- Walking a Good Walk with Asthma